March 20 – 24
Popcorn Words: as, has.
Math: We wrapped up our Unit 4 work and took our test on Friday. These tests will come home next week. In this unit we explored addition, subtraction, 3 D shapes, drawing pictures to show a story problem. I am amazed at how far these Kindergarteners have grown!!
Readers Workshop: We have finished our study on Fairy Tales. Exploring The Little Red Hen, The Three Little Pigs, Goldilocks and The Three Bears and The Three Billy Goats Gruff. The Kindergarteners talked their way through the “Shape Go Map” on each of these stories. Easily identifying the problem and talking through the solution. Learning the lesson of each story about determination and not giving up. Also being able to explore the Fiction genre. The Kindergartners also learned two sight word games with these stories. These games came home with them. Please enjoy the variation of learning sight words with these newly learned games.
Writers Workshop: The Kindergarteners wrote two books this week as Informational Writers. They wrote All About Bears and All About Goats. They are ready to try this on their own next week. They will be writing their “On Demand” Informational Writing piece next week. I am confident they will shine with this upcoming task.
- On Monday we joined Ms. Yankee’s class and we were all treated to our amazing superintendent Dr. Nick Ceglarek as our Mystery Reader. Dr. Ceglarek read us the book The Magician’s Hat by Malcom Mitchell. Also sharing the amazing journey behind this book showing the Kindergarteners who the author was and his story. Malcom Mitchell is a wide receiver with the New England Patriots. Along with becoming a Super Bowl champion he has also become an author. Hoping that his story and his writing will inspire children to read. We loved hearing this book and having Dr. Ceglarek visit with us! Thank you for visiting with us Dr. Ceglarek!!
- Tuesday Evie could not believe her eyes when she saw her Nana and Papa walk through our door as our Mystery Readers. Evie’s grandparents read our class the book, A Visitor for Bear by Bonny Becker. Our class quickly made the connection that we were also working on Bears this week in writing! This book was adorable. Telling us the story about bear and how he didn’t want any visitors then quickly realizing he really liked mouse and made a new friend! Thank you for visiting with us and being our Mystery Reader!!
- Friday we were treated to 24 Mystery Readers!! Mrs. Bast’s first grade class snuck through our connecting door of our classrooms to surprise us as our Mystery Readers. We were soooo excited to meet these new friends. We each got to listen to a book from a first grader and then read our own book to them!! It was so fun to show off our own reading skills! The Kindergarteners also LOVED seeing what a first grade classroom looks like. It was a lot of fun!! Thank you Mrs. Bast’s first graders for being our Mystery Readers!!
Sam spots his sister Ava!!
5th Grade Buddies: We were able to visit with our 5th grade buddies on Friday! We captured the beauty of the weather and had so much fun playing on the 4/5 playground! Ms. Yankee and her 5th grade buddies from Mr. Gort’s class joined us too! Some of us LOVED the spinning toy….Mr. Gort was the master spinner!! WE LOVE OUR BUDDIES!!
Snacks: We are in need of more peanut free snack donations to our classroom. Please check ingredients of the snacks to ensure they are peanut free. Let me know if you have any questions!
- Monday, March 27…Gym, Bring Take Home Book.
- Tuesday, March 28…Music, Bring Library Book.
- Wednesday, March 29…Art, Bring Take Home Book, Homework Due.
- Thursday, March 30…Steam, Bring Take Home Book, ALL K P.J. DAY!! Wear your P.J.’s or comfy clothes to school. You may bring a stuffed animal! No blankets please.
- Friday, March 31 – April 7…NO SCHOOL…SPRING BREAK!
- Tuesday, May 9…Our class along with Ms. Yankee’s class will have our Spring Field trip to Hemlock Crossing Nature Center and then Timber Town. More information will come home as our date approaches.