Fun filled weekly update!

2

Posted by jstutz1 | Posted in Uncategorized | Posted on January 2, 2018

12/18 – 12/22

Popcorn Word: was.  This week was so much fun!!

Gingerbread Man Science Fun:  The Kinders had so much fun with the Gingerbread Man Science Centers!  Thank you to the volunteers who came in and helped with his fun time.  We got to explore 4 science center Challenges:  Build a bridge to help the Gingerbread Man cross the river, Build a boat to help him cross, Build a shelter to hide from the fox and How does the liquid make the Gingerbread Man crumble.  It was a lot of fun for the Kindergartners!

Star Student Book Lovers of the week:

Ashlyn shared with us 2 special books:  Turkey Claus by Wendi J. Silvano and My Princess Carriage by Scholastic.

Brody brought in 2 of his favorites:  Grug Plays Soccer by Ted Prior and Don’t Push the Button! by Bill Cotter.

Olivia shared with us 2 of her favorites:  Dexter and Zoe’s Petlandia Roadtrip by Steve Cleverley and A Cars Christmas by Step into Reading.

Colin brought in one of his favorite books:  Georgia Aquarium by Betsy Holt.

Colson shared with us his book:  King of the Playground by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor.

Grinch Day Fun:  We had a lot of fun in our Grinch Day green and attire all day!  Everything we did all day was grinch themed!!  The Kinders LOVED watching the classic tale!

Mystery Readers:

• Ashton couldn’t believe his eyes to see his Uncle Chris and girlfriend Carman walk through our door as Mystery Readers!  They just arrived the night before all the way from the UK!!  They read us the book Zog and the Flying Doctors by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler.   Thanks so much for visiting with us!!

• Quinn was so surprised to see his Mom walk through the door as our Mystery Reader!  She read us the book There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Snow by Lucille Colandro Also sharing a yummy cupcake, juice box and candy cane snack!  What a treat!!  Thanks so much for visiting with us Ms. Byrne!!

P.J. Day:  We had so much fun on our Polar Express P.J. Day!  We had fun traveling with our “Polar Express tickets” to all of the K classrooms to watch parts of the Polar Express Movie.  We also had so much fun having our book exchange with each other!!  It was so adorable seeing them get so excited to see who got their book they brought to give!!  Also, hearing them say “Thank you so much!” to each other after the gift giving was over!!  We LOVED having our hot cocoa treat too on our special day!  YUMMY!!

Holiday Party:  Thank you so much for all of the volunteers that helped organize and make our class party possible!!  The Kindergartners had a blast!  They enjoyed making an adorable stained glass tree ornament, playing holiday bingo, dressing up a classmate as a tree and sugar cone Christmas tree decorating.  Then they enjoyed a yummy sugar cookie treat they decorated!

A HUGE thank you to all of you gift givers!!!  I am so overwhelmed with how generous you all are!!  I feel so lucky to have such an amazing group of Kindergarten families!!  I truly LOVE what I do!  To get to be part of your child’s educational journey is such a GIFT to me!!  Thank you for the many treasures you gave to me and for the opportunity to be part of your child’s development!!  

I hope you all have had a WONDERFUL holiday break!!  May the New Year bring you all that you wish for!!    I can’t wait to see your Kinders sweet little face Monday, Jan. 8!!!  Tell your Kinder to be ready to travel….we still have one more stop to make to find that Gingerbread Man!!!

print

Comments (2)

Such a fun party! The kids all had a blast. Thanks again to the planners for all the hard work!

What a FUN week you had before Christmas Break. Madison couldn’t wait to go each and every day! The party was so much fun and it was great to see the kids having such a wonderful time. Madison misses you and all of her friends and can’t wait to come back to school next Monday, but we are thankful for more time together. Hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

Write a comment

Skip to toolbar